Friday, August 7, 2009

"Green Valley Lake"































This year's summer vacation was a special on to me. We vacationed on Green Valley Lake near Big Bear. The same exact place where my parents took us kids when we were young. I have so many fond memories that were made there. And when the opportunity came up to take our kids there we jumped at the chance. We went with the Weenig Family and that made it all that more fun. The mamas took the kids up early in the week, then the daddys met us up there after a couple of work days. The trip was a relaxing one. We took hikes and walks with the kids in the fresh mountain air. We played and swam at the lake all day long. It was the exact beach I used to play at, I jumped off the same dock the kids swam to. The kids paddled around in the same boats that I used to paddle around it. It was so fun watching them make the same memories I did. At night we played games, read and worked on puzzles. When the daddys got there we adventured to a new lake, Lake Gregory. This lake was a much larger lake than I remembered. Here we had a picnic lunch and enjoyed the beautiful weather and scenery. At the lake there was also a big slide that dumped you out into the lake, we of course had to try it. The kids also had a blast on the paddle boards we rented. They had races and cruised around on them. Our other favorite thing we did at the cabin was fishing. We got some bait and used some poles from the cabin and set out for some fish. We weren't having any luck so we rented a boat. Still no luck, I think someone felt sorry for us and gave us a few fish. I think the kids actually enjoyed cleaning them! The trip was the highlight of the summer. I am so glad I got to share some of my favorite experiences with my kids.

0 comments: